Saltar para o conteúdo (tecla de atalho 1)
Back to list

Church of S. Eulália, parochial of Tenões

Church of S. Eulália, parochial of Tenões

The church of S. Eulália of Tenões (Igreja de Santa Eulália) (or Telões, as it also appears in the medieval documentation) is one of the most adulterated late-romanic national temples. Its general configuration points out to the construction having started after the moment of a great blaze of this parish – XIII century (time when this territory was totally autonomous from its neighbor Braga) -, as showing the modesty of the final product, already exposing the gothic forms of the northern XIV century.

Tenões is, therefore, one of those medieval parishes largely documented, that reinforced the constitution of the Entre Douro and Minho as the most densely populated regions of the primordial period of the Portuguese Kingdom. The first documents known reference is from the first half of the XI century (1043) and the later allusions, until the Inquisitions of 1220, don’t leave any doubt over the importance of this parish in the regional context, where the closeness to Braga clearly worked as a developmental factor.

  • fundo #1
  • fundo #2
  • fundo #3
  • fundo #4
  • fundo #5