Since the first years of the XX century that Braga joined with enthusiasm several sports, similarly to what happened in most main cities of the country, and following the trends from other counties. It was, however, soccer that deserved since then most of the attention from the locals, that would gather in improvised places for the games, until the newly formed (1921) “Sporting Clube de Braga” built a small football field in the Quinta da Mitra (also knowns as field of the “gulps”) lands, state propriety, and rented by the “Sociedade de Melhoramentos de Braga”. They were, however, structure that didn’t meet the needs and wills of a soccer team and of a more demanding audience, especially with the success gradually won by the team in the portuguese football environment. Gathered the essential efforts, the desired stadium was finally inaugurated with the name “Stadium 28th of May” , in honor to the regime that had financed it. Planned by Travassos Valdez, to a place – slope – where it took advantage of the land’s unevenness, the stadium reminds us of the “National Stadium” built in Jamor, Lisbon, at the same time as the modern architectural lines distinguishing of most public buildings placed in European territories dominated by totalitarian regimes, being one of the single built sports facilities in Portugal during the New State (Corporatist Authoritarian Regime). Such as the “Nacional”, the football stadium (with athletics track) of Braga was totally built in stone and concrete. With an oval shape, open countertops, except in the presidential tribune (rectangular), located in the central top, the equipment has a capacity of 30.000 people, started in 1946, the stadium was open four years later with the presence, among others, of the President, António Óscar de Fragoso Carmona (1869-1951) e de António de Oliveira Salazar (1889-1970), proving the importance given to a stadium crowned with the name of the political event that led to the foundation of the New State (Corporatist Authoritarian Regime).