Few data are known about the primordial build of the House of the Pereira (Casa da Pereira), located in Dume, one of the oldest settlements of Alto Minho, headquarters of an old bishopric, founded in the VI century and extinguished with the Arab invasion. According to a documented reference of 1274 a core housing existed since the XIII century in Cabanas land, attached to the Pereira propriety, belonging to Mendo Pelágio. To this conglomerate was adjoined in the XVI century the camp of the Pereira. In the second half of the XVI century Jácome Duarte Bocarro, Lord of the Majorat, built some houses, adjoining them to the primordial building. In this way, the constructed area was widened and the building would be known as the House of Pereira (Casa da Pereira). In the XVIII and XIX centuries the owner made new works in the house, which gave it the current looks. The building presents a XVIII century, regional taste, integrating some XVI century elements and a neoclassical style balcony, built in the beginning of the XIX century.