Saltar para o conteúdo (tecla de atalho 1)
Back to list

Chapel of old Convent of the Saviour

Chapel of old Convent of the Saviour

The old Covent of the Saviour (antigo Convento do Salvador) was founded by the archbishop D. Frei Agostinho de Jesus. The first stone of the new building was launched in 1595 and in 1604 the church and some of the main dependencies have been already partially built (OLIVEIRA, 1999, p. 115). If the outside is defined by the decorative and architectural debugging the inside stands out by its multiple carving elements, tiles, and paint, which come together in the creation of a baroque and profoundly sensorial space.

  • fundo #1
  • fundo #2
  • fundo #3
  • fundo #4
  • fundo #5