Cathedral of Braga (Catedral de Braga), including the graves of Count D. Henrique and D. Teresa, Infant D. Afonso and archbishop D. Gonçalo Pereira.
The construction of the current Cathedral of Braga (Catedral de Braga) started during the episcopate of D. Pedro (Bishop of Braga between 1070 and 1093), who conceived a pilgrimage project similar to the Santiago de Compostela one and to some French pilgrimage churches, with three aisles, protruding transept, bedside and ambulatory.
The main façade was substantially changed in the XV and XVIII centuries, belonging to the fist of this moment the Galilee. The cathedral’s interior maintains an old medieval character.
In the ground floor of the south tower, is kept the grave of Infant D. Afonso, from the XV century and protected by baldachin.
The chapel of Glory is the oldest and is from the XIV century. Was built by the Archbishop D. Gonçalo Pereira, where he was buried, in the center of the chapel, in a gothic grave of maximum importance to the portuguese medieval tomb history by the analogies it presents regarding the grave of the Saint Queen (Rainha Santa) in Coimbra.