The Archeological Site (Estação Arqueológica) is located on the higher platforms of the mount, close to the Chapel of Sta. Marta (Capela Santa Clara). At half slope is located the Sanctuary of Falperra (Santuário de Falperra). In the top of the mount is dominated a great part of the basin of the East river. Village fortified by three wall lines built with big loose stones. The interpretation of the structure uncovered by the archeological excavations is ambiguous. The Albano Belino excavations, performed in 1899, identified several houses with the circular plan. The 1956’s excavations uncovered, in the mount top, foundations of a building formed by an ultra-semicircular apse and three naves, while in another area at O, close to the city walls, was detected and excavated another building of rectangular plan with several compartments. The associated assets point of a V-VI a. C. century chronology and the building of the basilica type has been considered as a monastery of the Swabian-Visigothic period. There are, however, materials that are clearly older, including a Nerva coin (Roman Emperor). The excavations performed in 1967 at a place near the basilica type building have uncovered another huge construction of rectangular plan. The excavations of 1973 found a great number of roman cremation graves with a lot of assets, still in that place at the mount top. The 1984/1985 excavations identified to date levels from the Late Bronze Age confined to the high platform of the mount.