Opened in September 2013, the Museum of the Costume Dr. Gonçalo Sampaio (Museu do Traje Dr. Gonçalo Sampaio) is a project of the homonymous folkloric group and is dedicated to three people that have gone through the its direction: Gonçalo Sampaio, Mota Leite e Sá Fernandes. Founded in 1936 in Braga, the folkloric group Dr. Gonçalo Sampaio is the oldest group of Baixo Minho and one of the coutry’s oldest 5.
The Folkloric Group Dr. Gonçalo Sampaio had its first public performance at 24th June 1936, in the central avenue, in Braga, integrated in the festivals of S. João. It presents costumes from 150 years in use in Braga’s region. The women wear costumes and Capotilha, of Encosta, of Ribeira and of Valdeste, with the variant of Sequeira. The man with the generalized male costume. Its "round", the most typical, consists of one or more concertinas, ukuleles, violas braguesas and guitars, bass drum and triangle. They even use castanets, and they dance the chulas, malhões and viras. Along dozens of years they have been divulging the dances, singing and costumes of the Baixo Minho region all over the country and even in other countries like Spain, France, England, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Brazil and Czech Republic, always being appreciated by its known authenticity.